Regatta Begins Summer Season in Alaska, signals Completion of Oceania Cruises’ $50 Million Fleet Upgrade
VANCOUVER, Canada (June 10, 2014) – Oceania Cruises welcomed Regatta back to the fleet following an extensive dry dock, making it the final ship of three sister ships to undergo a massive $50 million collective refurbishment. The ship set sail on a 10-night “Majesty of Alaska” voyage, signaling the beginning of another summer season in Alaska for Oceania Cruises. Sister ships Nautica and Insigniaemerged from dry dock and reentered service last month. Renovating three ships from bow to stern in a six-week time period marks the largest refurbishment program in Oceania Cruises’ history.
The multimillion-dollar makeover brought many of the interior design elements from the award-winning Marina and Riviera ships to Insignia, Nautica and Regatta while maintaining the warmth, intimacy and charm Oceania Cruises’ guests cherish in the 684-passenger ships. In addition to elegant new furnishings and décor for all public rooms, suites and staterooms, Regatta added several new guest experiences, including the ever-popular Baristas coffee bar, a cook-to-order grill at Terrace Café and new outdoor recreation on the Sports Deck.
“I spent a couple days on Regatta and had a chance to experience the newly refined elegance of the ship firsthand. It’s clear that we accomplished what we set out to achieve,” said Kunal S. Kamlani, president of Oceania Cruises. “We wanted to ensure our guests received the same upscale cruise experience and exceptional value no matter which Oceania Cruises ship they sail, and based on early guest feedback this $50 million refurbishment is a homerun.”
Notable Enhancements Include:
- Suites & Staterooms: There are significant updates to the Owner’s and Vista Suites with an all-new bathroom design that is elegant, yet contemporary in nature. The bathroom features wall-to-wall marble with a decorative inlay centerpiece, along with an expansive granite vanity that sits opposite an inviting oversized shower. The Penthouse Suites received all-new furnishings, rich upholstery and a vibrant, yet calming palette that reflects the sea, sun and sky. All staterooms were appointed with new décor elements featuring a refreshing sense of style and elegance.
- Terrace Café: The main casual dining option on board the ship is brand new from top to bottom. A resplendent collection of new furnishings, floorings, fixtures and lighting accompanies the stunning floor-to-ceiling window views. The pièce de résistance is the cook-to-order grill featuring delicacies such as steaks, chops and lobster tail.
- Baristas: The popular coffee bar where master baristas prepare complimentary illy brand espressos and cappuccinos throughout the day now makes its debut on Regatta. Baristas is the perfect location to relax with a beverage in one of the comfortable lounge chairs or sofas and is centrally located on deck 5, near the Grand Dining Room.
- Upper Decks: The Sports Deck, located atop the ship, received new golf putting greens and shuffleboard courts, along with other deck games. The main pool area, ringed with luxurious sun beds, shimmers with blue and white mosaics, beautifully contrasted with rich teak decking.
- Canyon Ranch SpaClub: The newly renovated Canyon Ranch SpaClub exudes a sense of tranquility with new décor elements including a flowing mosaic display. Inside the spa, guests will enjoy peaceful steam rooms with beautiful new tile mosaics, along with renovated changing areas.
- Lounges: All of the ship’s main lounges are refreshed and refurbished. Horizons bar features a new color palette of soothing sea blues, cocoa brown and mint, complemented by new sofa, chair and table furnishings. Martinis maintains its classic ambiance with all-new furnishings. The Regatta Lounge was completely refurbished with new carpeting and chairs, along with luxurious new fabrics and upholsteries.
The transformed Regatta sets sail this afternoon for a 10-day “Majesty of Alaska” cruise and will offer a variety of 7- 9- and 10-day cruises to America’s Last Frontier throughout the season. For more information on Oceania Cruises, visit OceaniaCruises.com, call 855-OCEANIA or contact your travel agent.
About Oceania Cruises
Oceania Cruises® offers the finest cuisine at sea, elegant accommodations and exceptional personalized service, all for an extraordinary value. Known for its unique and destination-rich itineraries that appeal to the seasoned traveler, Oceania Cruises calls on more than 330 ports across Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South Pacific, Asia, Africa and the Americas aboard five award-winning mid-size ships: the 684-guest Regatta, Insignia and Nautica, and the 1,250-guest Marina and Riviera.
About Prestige Cruise Holdings
Prestige Cruise Holdings (PCH) is the parent company of Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises. PCH manages select assets in Apollo Management’s cruise investment portfolio and is led by Chairman & CEO Frank J. Del Rio and President & COO Kunal S. Kamlani. PCH is the market leader in the upper-premium and luxury segments of the cruise industry with over 6,400 berths between the Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises brands.
SOURCE: Oceania Cruises